Seattle / Remote
House of How Games
We believe that a universe without fun would be a pretty dull place to exist… and that games are the best medium in the world to provide that fun. We love games which is why we make games. We make games to be a part of providing that outlet for escape, competition, exploration, social connection and so much more to a global audience of 3B+ players and growing.
We believe in authentic leadership, real conversations, making decisions, learning from mistakes but always continuing to move forward. We don’t want big company politics. We just want to do our best work with good people and have fun doing what we love.
We believe that our team performs best when everyone shows up as their authentic full self and we strive to empower everyone in the studio to be a game-maker. We encourage everyone to have an entrepreneurial mindset and we foster continuous learning and innovation.
In a time of so much industry consolidation, House of How is proud to be fully independent. We are based out of Bothell, Washington with remote game-makers all over the USA. We have a satellite studio in Boden, Sweden and are also now expanding our remote workforce in British Columbia, Canada.
Starting out as colleagues at Microsoft Games, our leads worked with each other for years before setting out on a new adventure together. From humble beginnings, we grew slowly and carefully to ensure we could control our own destiny. We are now at ~45 people and growing rapidly as our industry reputation is bringing more and more projects to the studio. Come join our team and be part of the amazing growth story of House of How Games and help us to entertain the planet!
- Research, conceptualize and craft visual styles for projects.
- Work with design, engineering, and other disciplines to help build solid products as a team, ensuring art has a solid and equal seat at the table.
- Direct the work of multidisciplinary artists, including character, environment, vfx, animation, tech art, ui art, and others to achieve quality towards the team vision.
- Demonstrate and facilitate a strong understanding of color, light, and visual design, guiding other artists and outsourcers to meet our quality requirements.
- Prioritize and provide feedback and guidance on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage and mentor other artists, practicing and promoting good communication, professionalism, quality, etc.
- Interface directly with clients to understand their needs and form solid working relationships.
- Pre-production support for characters, environment, and or UI assets as well as establishing pipelines and style guides.
- Create assets in a variety of software packages including Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter and Designer, Photoshop, and other tools.
- 3+ years in an art management role.
- 5+ years in an art role in video games.
- Experience in mobile game development.
- A portfolio demonstrating strong visual design skills.
- Experience in source control systems such as git or svn.
- Experience in ADO, Trello, Jira, or other task tracking systems.
- Written and Spoken English Fluency.
- Scripting / coding abilities.
- Experience in Unreal, Unity, or other engines.
- A passionate interest in games to drive our products to the next level.
- Animation, Audio, etc. If you have any related side skills, please tell us!
If you think you are a good fit, please drop us a line at email@example.com
Please be sure to include the following:
- Resume (PDF please)
- Link to your portfolio (Art Station Preferred, but will accept others if needed)
© 2022 House of How Games LLC. All Rights reserved