Associate Operations Producer
Seattle / Remote
House of How Games
We believe that a universe without fun would be a pretty dull place to exist… and that games are the best medium in the world to provide that fun. We love games which is why we make games. We make games to be a part of providing that outlet for escape, competition, exploration, social connection and so much more to a global audience of 3B+ players and growing.
We believe in authentic leadership, real conversations, making decisions, learning from mistakes but always continuing to move forward. We don’t want big company politics. We just want to do our best work with good people and have fun doing what we love.
We believe that our team performs best when everyone shows up as their authentic full self and we strive to empower everyone in the studio to be a game-maker. We encourage everyone to have an entrepreneurial mindset and we foster continuous learning and innovation.
In a time of so much industry consolidation, House of How is proud to be fully independent. We are based out of Bothell, Washington with remote game-makers all over the USA. We have a satellite studio in Boden, Sweden and are also now expanding our remote workforce in British Columbia, Canada.
Starting out as colleagues at Microsoft Games, our leads worked with each other for years before setting out on a new adventure together. From humble beginnings, we grew slowly and carefully to ensure we could control our own destiny. We are now at ~50 people and growing rapidly as our industry reputation is bringing more and more projects to the studio. Come join our team and be part of the amazing growth story of House of How Games and help us to entertain the planet!
Reporting to the CFO/COO, House of How is looking for an Associate Operations Producer who can help across a wide variety of tasks to enable our process and systems to scale, and could grow into a games producer with time.
Below are listed some of the current projects that the Associate Operations Producer would be responsible for. This list is not meant to be at all exhaustive – the job will grow and evolve as the studio grows, and the ideal candidate should be open to being malleable to help in operations and games production capacities wherever needed:
- Assists in the recruiting process. Includes (but not limited to) all aspects of the source-to-hire process, for example: candidate tracking, partnering with external recruiters, interview scheduling, gathering feedback, coordinating candidate tests, communication with candidates on status.
- Partners with each of the functional leads in the studio to develop a Job Family Matrix, describing key responsibilities, qualifications and experience at each level for each discipline.
- Runs a process to ensure all US employees sign the new House of How employee contract.
- Runs a shared leadership calendar / “Management Operating System” for the studio.
- Assists in the plan for who/what/why/when we provide SWAG (e.g., branded T-shirts / hats / water bottles, etc.) for employees. Assists the entire process from procurement to distribution to employees.
- Creates and administers the plan for employee recognition awards (e.g., game completion, anniversaries)
- Coordinates the new hire orientation sessions, ensures materials are up-to-date.
- Manages the Sharepoint site – including keeping State ‘mailroom’ posters up to date.
- Assists in administering the quarterly review process to ensure every employee updates their self-assessment, gathers peer feedback and has a meeting with their manager.
- Assists with an asset tracking system and purchase approval process for software and hardware.
- Security – ensures House of How is compliant with security requirements from partners and coordinates necessary communications and follow-ups across the studio employee base.
- Ghostwrites studio-wide communications as needed and directed by the Executive team.
- Coordinates the quarterly all hands meeting – creation of the agenda with management, coordinating presenters, collating the deck.
- Help the CEO and other company leads with occasional help on side tasks.
- 1+ years experience in an operations or production role.
- Plays video games / strong knowledge of the industry.
- Familiarity with the game development process.
- Expert with MS Office / Sharepoint.
- Experience in ADO, Trello, Jira, or other task tracking systems.
- Written and Spoken English Fluency.
- Cleared to work and located in the United States, Canada, or Sweden.
- Additional training in one or more additional related disciplines (e.g., Art, Audio, Design, Programming, etc).
- Experienced in working in a production capacity within games. Either professionally or with significant student experience in a related field of study such as art, programming, etc.
© 2022 House of How Games LLC. All Rights reserved