Seattle / Remote
House of How Games
We believe that a universe without fun would be a pretty dull place to exist… and that games are the best medium in the world to provide that fun. We love games which is why we make games. We make games to be a part of providing that outlet for escape, competition, exploration, social connection and so much more to a global audience of 3B+ players and growing.
We believe in authentic leadership, real conversations, making decisions, learning from mistakes but always continuing to move forward. We don’t want big company politics. We just want to do our best work with good people and have fun doing what we love.
We believe that our team performs best when everyone shows up as their authentic full self and we strive to empower everyone in the studio to be a game-maker. We encourage everyone to have an entrepreneurial mindset and we foster continuous learning and innovation.
In a time of so much industry consolidation, House of How is proud to be fully independent. We are based out of Bothell, Washington with remote game-makers all over the USA. We have a satellite studio in Boden, Sweden and are also now expanding our remote workforce in British Columbia, Canada.
Starting out as colleagues at Microsoft Games, our leads worked with each other for years before setting out on a new adventure together. From humble beginnings, we grew slowly and carefully to ensure we could control our own destiny. We are now at ~50 people and growing rapidly as our industry reputation is bringing more and more projects to the studio. Come join our team and be part of the amazing growth story of House of How Games and help us to entertain the planet!
- Collaborate with leads to understand high level architecture and approach.
- Play the builds, create, organize, and relay feedback for the team, and confirm execution on feedback and specs.
- Manage the planning, scheduling, assigning, and tracking of tasks and dependencies.
- Regularly communicate project status upwards and to the team, escalating issues before they become problems.
- Manage external development partner relationships.
- Identify and propose solutions to bottlenecks and inefficiencies in the studio.
- Help the CEO and other company leads with occasional help on side tasks.
- Experienced in working in a production capacity within games. Either professionally or with significant student experience in a related field of study such as art, programming, etc.
- Proficient with standard project management development tools and methods.
- Experience in ADO, Trello, Jira, or other task tracking systems.
- Written and Spoken English Fluency.
- Cleared to work and located in the United States, Canada, or Sweden.
- Additional training in one or more additional related disciplines (e.g., Art, Audio, Design, Programming, etc).
© 2022 House of How Games LLC. All Rights reserved