Seattle / Remote
House of How Games
We believe that a universe without fun would be a pretty dull place to exist… and that games are the best medium in the world to provide that fun. We love games which is why we make games. We make games to be a part of providing that outlet for escape, competition, exploration, social connection and so much more to a global audience of 3B+ players and growing.
We believe in authentic leadership, real conversations, making decisions, learning from mistakes but always continuing to move forward. We don’t want big company politics. We just want to do our best work with good people and have fun doing what we love.
We believe that our team performs best when everyone shows up as their authentic full self and we strive to empower everyone in the studio to be a game-maker. We encourage everyone to have an entrepreneurial mindset and we foster continuous learning and innovation.
In a time of so much industry consolidation, House of How is proud to be fully independent. We are based out of Bothell, Washington with remote game-makers all over the USA. We have a satellite studio in Boden, Sweden and are also now expanding our remote workforce in British Columbia, Canada.
Starting out as colleagues at Microsoft Games, our leads worked with each other for years before setting out on a new adventure together. From humble beginnings, we grew slowly and carefully to ensure we could control our own destiny. We are now at ~50 people and growing rapidly as our industry reputation is bringing more and more projects to the studio. Come join our team and be part of the amazing growth story of House of How Games and help us to entertain the planet!
- Build and mentor a team to lead all aspects of game production.
- Work with both dev and art counterparts to build products, processes, features, and assets.
- Responsible for timely, quality delivery of game features and content.
- Own final quality and driving of a major product, or multiple small products simultaneously.
- Create, prioritize and manage project backlog, roadmap, production schedules and other high level planning.
- Communicate and strategize with publisher and external development contacts to facilitate our development efforts, reporting issues to executive management when as they arise, with the help of company leadership.
- Define and ensure proper management of complex internal team, external team and cross-team projects.
- Define, review and continually improve team development processes.
- Run scrums and production meetings to ensure effective communication of goals, tasks, progress, and blockers.
- Ensure the development team is working towards clear deadlines, and support a foster of solid estimates, responsibility, and quality.
- Track record of delivering high-quality games as an Executive Producer or comparable product leader.
- Ability to identify and recommend improvements to the development process.
- Outstanding people skills and EQ.
- Demonstrable organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrable ability to develop complex project roadmaps and staffing plans.
- Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills and be able to work with varied staff members and personalities.
- Strong presentation and leadership skills and the ability to mentor more junior producers.
- Experience in budgeting processes at studio, project, and outsourcing levels.
- Must be punctual, proactive, and have a strong work ethic.
- Experience in source control systems such as Git or SVN.
- Expert in ADO, Trello, Jira, or other task tracking systems.
- Written and Spoken English Fluency.
- Cleared to work and located in the United States, Canada, or Sweden.
- Experience in Unreal, Unity, or other engines.
- A passionate interest in games to drive our products to the next level.
- Animation, Audio, etc. If you have any related side skills, please tell us!
© 2022 House of How Games LLC. All Rights reserved