Seattle / Remote
House of How Games
We believe that a universe without fun would be a pretty dull place to exist… and that games are the best medium in the world to provide that fun. We love games which is why we make games. We make games to be a part of providing that outlet for escape, competition, exploration, social connection and so much more to a global audience of 3B+ players and growing.
We believe in authentic leadership, real conversations, making decisions, learning from mistakes but always continuing to move forward. We don’t want big company politics. We just want to do our best work with good people and have fun doing what we love.
We believe that our team performs best when everyone shows up as their authentic full self and we strive to empower everyone in the studio to be a game-maker. We encourage everyone to have an entrepreneurial mindset and we foster continuous learning and innovation.
In a time of so much industry consolidation, House of How is proud to be fully independent. We are based out of Bothell, Washington with remote game-makers all over the USA. We have a satellite studio in Boden, Sweden and are also now expanding our remote workforce in British Columbia, Canada.
Starting out as colleagues at Microsoft Games, our leads worked with each other for years before setting out on a new adventure together. From humble beginnings, we grew slowly and carefully to ensure we could control our own destiny. We are now at ~45 people and growing rapidly as our industry reputation is bringing more and more projects to the studio. Come join our team and be part of the amazing growth story of House of How Games and help us to entertain the planet!
- Research, conceptualize and craft visual styles for projects.
- Work in a variety of styles, producing illustrations of characters, backgrounds, props, events, etc.
- Ability to create solid UI design when needed.
- Work with animators and developers to help bring your art to life/motion.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Production team, creating work estimates and meeting corresponding deadlines.
- Experience in mobile game development or other small screen devices.
- A portfolio demonstrating strong visual design, dynamic compositions, compelling silhouettes, and creative use of camera angles.
- Strong fundamentals in proportions, anatomy, materials, color usage, lighting, areas of detail and areas of rest.
- Ability to work across a variety of styles.
- Advanced Photoshop skills.
- Written and Spoken English Fluency.
- Experience in Unreal, Unity, or other engines.
- Experience in source control systems such as git or svn.
- Experience in ADO, Trello, Jira, or other task tracking systems.
- A passionate interest in games to drive our products to the next level.
- Animation, Audio, etc. If you have any related side skills, please tell us
If you think you are a good fit, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include the following:
- Resume (PDF please)
- Link to your portfolio (Art Station Preferred, but will accept others if needed)
© 2022 House of How Games LLC. All Rights reserved