Lead 3D Env Artist
Seattle / Remote
House of How Games
We believe that a universe without fun would be a pretty dull place to exist… and that games are the best medium in the world to provide that fun. We love games which is why we make games. We make games to be a part of providing that outlet for escape, competition, exploration, social connection and so much more to a global audience of 3B+ players and growing.
We believe in authentic leadership, real conversations, making decisions, learning from mistakes but always continuing to move forward. We don’t want big company politics. We just want to do our best work with good people and have fun doing what we love.
We believe that our team performs best when everyone shows up as their authentic full self and we strive to empower everyone in the studio to be a game-maker. We encourage everyone to have an entrepreneurial mindset and we foster continuous learning and innovation.
In a time of so much industry consolidation, House of How is proud to be fully independent. We are based out of Bothell, Washington with remote game-makers all over the USA. We have a satellite studio in Boden, Sweden and are also now expanding our remote workforce in British Columbia, Canada.
Starting out as colleagues at Microsoft Games, our leads worked with each other for years before setting out on a new adventure together. From humble beginnings, we grew slowly and carefully to ensure we could control our own destiny. We are now at ~45 people and growing rapidly as our industry reputation is bringing more and more projects to the studio. Come join our team and be part of the amazing growth story of House of How Games and help us to entertain the planet!
The Lead 3D Environment Artist will help drive the art creation of environments from small to large, cozy to epic and delicate to robust! The ideal candidate would help the team create everything from mountain ranges to forests and interior rooms to entire cityscapes. Experience with both hand painted and realistic PBR art styles for creating props and architecture as well as natural elements like terrain and foliage is strongly desired. We want you to work closely with the Art Directors and other art leadership to help drive the styles of your projects forward.
- Create environment art (trees, ground textures, foliage, rocks, etc) and other benchmark assets.
- Help draft production pipeline guides for project wide knowledge sharing.
- Provide guidance during creative discussions with design and art leadership.
- Provide direction for the environment art team. This includes painting over screen captures, manipulating 3D models and painting textures.
- Work closely with art leadership to help achieve a consistent vision.
- Ability to prototype and create block-out assets.
- Ability to identify, mentor and grow talent.
- Communicate with production, design, and other departments.
- 1-2 years of experience in video game environment art leadership.
- Understand real-time game development needs.
- Understand a wide range of visual styles and have an ability to communicate this to the team through clear directions for visual style guides and production pipeline guides.
- Able to collaborate closely with others and communicate decisions or concerns ahead of time.
- Self-driven, passionate, creative problem solver, and a great team first attitude.
- Strong Hard Surface and Organic modeling techniques in both traditional modeling and sculpting programs.
If you think you are a good fit, please drop us a line at email@example.com
Please be sure to include the following:
- Resume (PDF please)
- Link to your portfolio (Art Station Preferred, but will accept others if needed)
© 2022 House of How Games LLC. All Rights reserved