QA Intern - Boden
House of How Games
We believe that a universe without fun would be a pretty dull place to exist… and that games are the best medium in the world to provide that fun. We love games which is why we make games. We make games to be a part of providing that outlet for escape, competition, exploration, social connection and so much more to a global audience of 3B+ players and growing.
We believe in authentic leadership, real conversations, making decisions, learning from mistakes but always continuing to move forward. We don’t want big company politics. We just want to do our best work with good people and have fun doing what we love.
We believe that our team performs best when everyone shows up as their authentic full self and we strive to empower everyone in the studio to be a game-maker. We encourage everyone to have an entrepreneurial mindset and we foster continuous learning and innovation.
In a time of so much industry consolidation, House of How is proud to be fully independent. We are based out of Bothell, Washington with remote game-makers all over the USA. We have a satellite studio in Boden, Sweden and are also now expanding our remote workforce in British Columbia, Canada.
Starting out as colleagues at Microsoft Games, our leads worked with each other for years before setting out on a new adventure together. From humble beginnings, we grew slowly and carefully to ensure we could control our own destiny. We are now at 75+ people and growing rapidly as our industry reputation is bringing more and more projects to the studio. Come join our team and be part of the amazing growth story of House of How Games and help us to entertain the planet!
- Learn new skills and how to work in a professional environment on major game IPs.
- Help test games, find bugs, and write test cases and bug reports.
- Provide thoughtful and professional feedback on gameplay-related issues in written and verbal form.
- Help turn the understanding of the rules of a game into test scenarios.
- Cleared to work and located in Sweden.
- 1+ years experience as a student game tester, having worked on multiple successful student game projects.
- Strong ability and willingness to learn and adapt quickly.
- Some experience with AMS software such as Azure Dev Ops, Jira, or Test Rail.
- Some familiarity with QA activities performed during different phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Aptitude for comprehending technical and gameplay documentation.
- Written and Spoken English Fluency.
- Swedish language proficiency.
- Any exposure to whitebox testing methods.
- ISTQB/ASTQB foundation certification.
- Worked on game jams or itch.io side projects.
- Experience in making mods, levels, or other fan content for a game with a Steam workshop, level editor, or UGC-aspect (e.g., Minecraft, Roblox, Portal 2, Mario Maker, Dreams, LittleBigPlanet, Halo, etc.)
- Side skills in Programming, Audio, Writing, etc. If you have any gaming-related side skills, please tell us!
© 2023 House of How Games LLC. All Rights reserved.