Senior Dev - Unity
Seattle / Remote
House of How Games
We believe that a universe without fun would be a pretty dull place to exist… and that games are the best medium in the world to provide that fun. We love games which is why we make games. We make games to be a part of providing that outlet for escape, competition, exploration, social connection and so much more to a global audience of 3B+ players and growing.
We believe in authentic leadership, real conversations, making decisions, learning from mistakes but always continuing to move forward. We don’t want big company politics. We just want to do our best work with good people and have fun doing what we love.
We believe that our team performs best when everyone shows up as their authentic full self and we strive to empower everyone in the studio to be a game-maker. We encourage everyone to have an entrepreneurial mindset and we foster continuous learning and innovation.
In a time of so much industry consolidation, House of How is proud to be fully independent. We are based out of Bothell, Washington with remote game-makers all over the USA. We have a satellite studio in Boden, Sweden and are also now expanding our remote workforce in British Columbia, Canada.
Starting out as colleagues at Microsoft Games, our leads worked with each other for years before setting out on a new adventure together. From humble beginnings, we grew slowly and carefully to ensure we could control our own destiny. We are now at ~45 people and growing rapidly as our industry reputation is bringing more and more projects to the studio. Come join our team and be part of the amazing growth story of House of How Games and help us to entertain the planet!
We are seeking a Senior Unity Developer to become an integral part of our team! As a Unity game developer, your responsibilities include pieces such as designing, creating, debugging, maintaining and optimizing our games, editors, and other related tools used for game development. You will own features and drive quality experiences to make our games great!
- Develop games in Unity and supporting pipelines.
- Participate in all aspects of game development, including planning, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance.
- Help structure overall game architecture, plus implement gameplay features, localization, tooling, UI systems, etc. as needed.
- Assist in performance tuning, balancing improvement, automation, and usability.
- Follow coding standards, write clean code with a constant eye on performance.
- Take ownership and be the technical expert of features and systems, driving from prototype to a highly polished production state.
- Improve, make suggestions, and raise the bar on any code and processes you work with.
- Create accurate estimates to facilitate predictable development.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Mentor junior programmers.
- Document development processes.
- Produce prototypes of gameplay ideas and features.
- 5+ years’ desktop/console experience as a game developer.
- Shipped at least 1 full AA/AAA game as a developer.
- Exceptional knowledge of Unity and fluency in C#.
- Experience working in a Scrum / Agile environment.
- (Bonus) Mobile game development experience
- (Bonus) Experience working with international directors.
- (Bonus) Experience in Unreal or other engines.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (game development, computer science, computer engineering, game development/design), but not required.
- A deep understanding of the Unity game engine.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to communicate at multiple levels, and devoted team player.
- Adaptive and willing to learn and incorporate new ideas and emerging technology.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively between clients, developers, artists, and stakeholders.
- Ability to plan projects from a technical standpoint, identifying and designing development tasks based on client specifications.
- Ability to use git source control for branching and source control. Familiarity with git processes and commands is a must.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
© 2022 House of How Games LLC. All Rights reserved