Software Test Engineer
Seattle / Remote
House of How Games
We believe that a universe without fun would be a pretty dull place to exist… and that games are the best medium in the world to provide that fun. We love games which is why we make games. We make games to be a part of providing that outlet for escape, competition, exploration, social connection and so much more to a global audience of 3B+ players and growing.
We believe in authentic leadership, real conversations, making decisions, learning from mistakes but always continuing to move forward. We don’t want big company politics. We just want to do our best work with good people and have fun doing what we love.
We believe that our team performs best when everyone shows up as their authentic full self and we strive to empower everyone in the studio to be a game-maker. We encourage everyone to have an entrepreneurial mindset and we foster continuous learning and innovation.
In a time of so much industry consolidation, House of How is proud to be fully independent. We are based out of Bothell, Washington with remote game-makers all over the USA. We have a satellite studio in Boden, Sweden and are also now expanding our remote workforce in British Columbia, Canada.
Starting out as colleagues at Microsoft Games, our leads worked with each other for years before setting out on a new adventure together. From humble beginnings, we grew slowly and carefully to ensure we could control our own destiny. We are now at ~45 people and growing rapidly as our industry reputation is bringing more and more projects to the studio. Come join our team and be part of the amazing growth story of House of How Games and help us to entertain the planet!
House of How is looking for a Software Test Engineer, working remotely in the US, who can help execute the day-to-day test activities in cooperation with our larger off-site team.
- Be capable of crisp communication with teammates and leads.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively with external partners.
- Moderate level of black box testing knowledge to craft test documentation targeting specific systems at any point in the software development lifecycle.
- This role should be able to conceptualize and write test specifications, functional maps, test cases and detailed bug reports beginning with stated/written requirements.
- This role must own their bugs from the beginning to when it is ready to verify and close, including following up at all points in the lifecycle to drive toward a bug resolution.
- This STE should keep a holistic view of the products being tested and be able to report status internally or externally.
- Must be able to dynamically prioritize work based on partner and internal needs.
- Provide thoughtful and professional feedback on gameplay related issues in both written and verbal form.
- Know when to escalate issues to other members of the QA team or project leadership.
- 1 or more years’ experience in software testing.
- Experience with AMS software such as Azure Dev Ops, JIRA, and Test Rail.
- Familiarity with QA activities performed during different phases of the Software. Development Lifecycle.
- Aptitude for generating technical and gameplay documentation.
- Experience with computer Casino games, including slots and table games.
- Experience with mobile platforms (iOS, Android).
- ISTQB/ASTQB foundation certification.
- Any exposure to whitebox testing methods.
© 2022 House of How Games LLC. All Rights reserved