Seattle / Remote
House of How Games
We believe that a universe without fun would be a pretty dull place to exist… and that games are the best medium in the world to provide that fun. We love games which is why we make games. We make games to be a part of providing that outlet for escape, competition, exploration, social connection and so much more to a global audience of 3B+ players and growing.
We believe in authentic leadership, real conversations, making decisions, learning from mistakes but always continuing to move forward. We don’t want big company politics. We just want to do our best work with good people and have fun doing what we love.
We believe that our team performs best when everyone shows up as their authentic full self and we strive to empower everyone in the studio to be a game-maker. We encourage everyone to have an entrepreneurial mindset and we foster continuous learning and innovation.
In a time of so much industry consolidation, House of How is proud to be fully independent. We are based out of Bothell, Washington with remote game-makers all over the USA. We have a satellite studio in Boden, Sweden and are also now expanding our remote workforce in British Columbia, Canada.
Starting out as colleagues at Microsoft Games, our leads worked with each other for years before setting out on a new adventure together. From humble beginnings, we grew slowly and carefully to ensure we could control our own destiny. We are now at ~50 people and growing rapidly as our industry reputation is bringing more and more projects to the studio. Come join our team and be part of the amazing growth story of House of How Games and help us to entertain the planet!
- Design and maintain asset databases.
- Script the game logic following design direction.
- Design features in collaboration with programmers and game designers.
- Create detailed and easy-to-use project documentation.
- Identify workflow issues and offer solutions.
- Attend playtest sessions and be solution-oriented to the problem encountered.
- 4+ years of professional game development as a Technical Designer.
- Experience in Unreal or Unity.
- Ability to create detailed design documentation.
- Capacity to balance and tune multiple game elements and features.
- Experience in prototyping multiple game features simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them.
- Capability to process, understand and implement feedback.
- Experience working with scripting languages, or visual scripting systems.
- Comfort in source control systems such as Git or SVN.
- Written and Spoken English Fluency.
- Cleared to work and located in the United States, Canada, or Sweden.
- A portfolio of work where you are ready to discuss what you did, and why you did it.
- Side skills in Programming, Art, Audio, Writing, etc. If you have any gaming related side skills, please tell us!
© 2022 House of How Games LLC. All Rights reserved