Seattle / Remote
House of How Games
We believe that a universe without fun would be a pretty dull place to exist… and that games are the best medium in the world to provide that fun. We love games which is why we make games. We make games to be a part of providing that outlet for escape, competition, exploration, social connection and so much more to a global audience of 3B+ players and growing.
We believe in authentic leadership, real conversations, making decisions, learning from mistakes but always continuing to move forward. We don’t want big company politics. We just want to do our best work with good people and have fun doing what we love.
We believe that our team performs best when everyone shows up as their authentic full self and we strive to empower everyone in the studio to be a game-maker. We encourage everyone to have an entrepreneurial mindset and we foster continuous learning and innovation.
In a time of so much industry consolidation, House of How is proud to be fully independent. We are based out of Bothell, Washington with remote game-makers all over the USA. We have a satellite studio in Boden, Sweden and are also now expanding our remote workforce in British Columbia, Canada.
Starting out as colleagues at Microsoft Games, our leads worked with each other for years before setting out on a new adventure together. From humble beginnings, we grew slowly and carefully to ensure we could control our own destiny. We are now at ~50 people and growing rapidly as our industry reputation is bringing more and more projects to the studio. Come join our team and be part of the amazing growth story of House of How Games and help us to entertain the planet!
We are looking for a UI artist to design and execute visually stunning but easily legible UI. We are looking for someone who has a passion for games to drive our products to the next level. Day to day activities will include working closely with a dev team to concept, design, create and prototype UI. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Work closely with designers, programmers and audio staff to create a high-quality User Interface experience.
- Utilize particle systems, shaders and mesh effects.
- Create a variety of UI elements including Icons, Mini-maps, HUD, and Menus.
- Work with the Art Lead to standardize workflows for the art team.
- 2+ years professional UI Artist experience, or a 4+ year degree in a related field.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Spine or similar software.
- Experience in Unity.
- Ability to iterate and implement quickly without sacrificing quality.
- Comprehensive knowledge of layout design, accessability and usability principles.
- Portfolio that demonstrates your impressive skills and excellent grasp of typography, color theory, and creativity.
- Cleared to work and located in the United States, Canada, or Sweden.
- Education in UI Art.
- Experience in source control systems such as Git or SVN.
- Experience in task tracking systems such as ADO, Trello, Jira, etc.
- Experience with particle systems and other FX techniques.
- Willing to lead or share techniques with the team.
- Animation, Audio, etc. If you have any related side skills, please tell us!
If you think you are a good fit, please apply below!
Please be sure to include the following:
- Resume (PDF please)
- Link to your demo reel or portfolio (ArtStation preferred, but will accept others if needed)
© 2022 House of How Games LLC. All Rights reserved