Seattle / Remote
House of How Games
We believe that a universe without fun would be a pretty dull place to exist… and that games are the best medium in the world to provide that fun. We love games which is why we make games. We make games to be a part of providing that outlet for escape, competition, exploration, social connection and so much more to a global audience of 3B+ players and growing.
We believe in authentic leadership, real conversations, making decisions, learning from mistakes but always continuing to move forward. We don’t want big company politics. We just want to do our best work with good people and have fun doing what we love.
We believe that our team performs best when everyone shows up as their authentic full self and we strive to empower everyone in the studio to be a game-maker. We encourage everyone to have an entrepreneurial mindset and we foster continuous learning and innovation.
In a time of so much industry consolidation, House of How is proud to be fully independent. We are based out of Bothell, Washington with remote game-makers all over the USA. We have a satellite studio in Boden, Sweden and are also now expanding our remote workforce in British Columbia, Canada.
Starting out as colleagues at Microsoft Games, our leads worked with each other for years before setting out on a new adventure together. From humble beginnings, we grew slowly and carefully to ensure we could control our own destiny. We are now at ~50 people and growing rapidly as our industry reputation is bringing more and more projects to the studio. Come join our team and be part of the amazing growth story of House of How Games and help us to entertain the planet!
We are looking for a Unity VFX artist to create snappy and visually stunning VFX. We are looking for someone who has a passion for games to drive our products to the next level. Day to day activities will include working closely with a dev team to concept, design, prototype and create VFX assets. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Create high quality VFX with Unity’s Shader Graph and VFX Graph, using a combination of particles, 3D meshes, and textures.
- Work closely with other disciplines to help define VFX styles and targets for new and existing projects.
- Work with the art team to help create and establish workflows, style guides and process improvements.
- Minimum of 1 shipped title on PC or Console as a VFX artist.
- 4+ years experience as a VFX artist professionally or in focused education.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Maya, Max or any similar software.
- Proficiency in Unity.
- Ability to create compelling shaders and particle effects with a strong grasp of performance and tuning.
- Portfolio that demonstrates your impressive skills and experience.
- Experience with creating stylized VFX.
- Cleared to work and located in the United States, Canada, or Sweden.
- Familiarity with Git, or other source control systems.
- Familiarity with ADO, Trello, Jira, or other task tracking systems.
- Experience with Cg/HLSL/GLSL shader languages.
- Willing to lead or share techniques with the team.
- Animation, Audio, etc. If you have any related side skills, please tell us!
- Experience with creating realistic VFX for potential future projects.
If you think you are a good fit, please apply below!
Please be sure to include the following:
- Resume (PDF please)
- Link to your demo reel or portfolio (ArtStation preferred, but will accept others if needed)
© 2022 House of How Games LLC. All Rights reserved